Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rolex 24 at Daytona : 2012

UPDATE 1: I've always been a fan of race art from the 60's and 70's - particularly the promotional art for the endurance races. That appreciation is influencing this illustration. Typically, that style was achieved with a combination of illustration, graphic design and photography. Sure, I take all my own reference photos - but in this design I'm limiting myself to graphics and illustration.
If you're a racing fan, and haven't attended the Rolex 24 at Daytona - drop everything and make reservations right now for 2013. Seriously. In this post I'll chronicle the amazing time I had at the race - and walk you through each step of a poster to celebrate a blue-oval-sweep of the race.  ;)



First off - if you need your beauty sleep, I mean really need it, maybe the 24 isn't for you. I didn't sleep much.

No comments:

Post a Comment